Welcome to This and That

A blog with no particular intention

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"The Happening"

"Ricky" Ricardo - My First Sock Monkey
Born in Spring 2010; named December 2010
Went to my first Christmas Craft Fair in over 20 years--as a vendor, that is.  I decided last year, after seeing what was on offer, to participate, bringing in knitted and crocheted items, as well as sock monkeys.  The cost of the fair was $120 and I made about $250 over the 2 days.  I watched a vendor across from me sell-out with some snowmen popcorn sleeves ($3).  Very simple and didn't involve a lot of work.  I sold sock monkey cup cozies, hats, cowls, scarves, wristers and took orders for sock monkeys, as I had just my first sock monkey on display.  I got one order for a SM, which I finished last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment