Welcome to This and That

A blog with no particular intention

Saturday, December 25, 2010

My 3rd Sock Monkey Adoption

I had an order for a Sock Monkey at the fair, so as usual I procrastinated until the weekend before Christmas.  It got done, although I redid the ears, as I didn't like how they looked.  Also redid an arm.  It's quite a lot to redo the bits, as I triple-sew them for strength.  All the stitches have to be carefully unpicked. I wanted to make an adoption certificate and kept on going, adding a picture of the SM's "cousins", Ricky and Mattias.  I had some time before the new owner's mother arrived to pick up the SM, so I knitted up a red toque and matching scarf.  Then I had to take some pictures, as I make SM cards.  I posed the new SM in front of the Christmas tree, and in other places in the living room, with and without Ricky.  I have such fun with this!  The new owner is an 8 yr old girl who wanted a traditional sock monkey, and that's what she got - Canadian style.

No comments:

Post a Comment